Saturday, February 28, 2015

Welcome To Taper Week!

But first...

Feeling perfectly filthy.

Tuesday


WOD, "Filthy Fifty" in reverse

  • 50 Double Unders
  • 50 Burpees
  • 50 Wall Balls
  • 50 Back Extensions
  • 50 Push Press @ 45#
  • 50 Knees To Elbows
  • 50 Walking Lunges
  • 50 Kettlebell Swings
  • 50 Jumping Pull-ups
  • 50 Box Jumps


After a quick think, I figured this would be just the ticket to work on endurance.  I figured to do all 50 and just take my time to finish.  So I started with the sub, 150 single unders.  The burpees afterword kicked my butt, though.  Starting with the burps, I ended up doing 25 or 30 reps of everything.  Still, it made me a good workout.  My finishing time was something over 30 minutes.

 Wednesday 


A big sled load.

Strength

Front Squat
10-10-10-10-10

Assistance

3 rounds of
2 Heavy Sled Pulls
30 Second L-sit
10 Good Mornings

I worked up the squats to 10 at 50%, 80#.  I didn't see the '3 rounds' part, so I really loaded up the sled for one good effort.  Even Jared helped out.  If Jared is 190#, I was pulling about 560#.  When I discovered my error, I sent Jared packing.  Good mornings were 75#. I did the L-sits in 10 second bits.  One moment off balance kind of tweaked my right shoulder getting back in line.

Today


Easy day with my beauty.

MTU trails, 24F, a bit of wind, new wax - mid temp. Finally a good day with good glide!

Easy Skate


Taper week starts with a 60 minute easy skate.  We did all the easier loops.  Still, with the glide as nice as today, the GPS showed a 6:05/km pace.  That was fun.

Here's a map.



No comments: