Monday, February 9, 2015

Random Long Intervals

We just remembered to take a picture. Note the new togs.

MTU Trails, 20F, some wind.  Same left-over wax:  cold + LF mid-temp.  Good glide.

Long Intervals


I'm still in town and was home early from work.  It was the end of a very nice day, so Kirsten said, "Let's go skiing!"  I wondered what kind of workout to do, since we weren't on the schedule. Kirsten suggested that we "just go skiing."  She's great like that.

Double poling and Kirsten's shoulder haven't been getting along as well as we'd like.  The PT says to ski legs only and just carry poles.  This slowed Kirsten down, but it didn't knock her out.  It did make for an effective workout, though.

Since I was a bit faster, I waited at the end of each loop.  That made each loop into about a 1km interval.  Rest was about a minute.  I've got no reliable data or map because the MapMyRide app went kerfluey. The ending splits showed 5:12 and 6:18.  That might be reasonable.

The best bit, though, is that I noticed and improvement in my performance.  I did stop at every loop, but this time I didn't have to stop at the top of every hill.  Yay!  

A big thanks for the new jacket; it performed perfectly today.  A Christmas present from Mom.  
Thanks, Mom!



No comments: