Friday, February 13, 2015

A Bit Of A Push

Wednesday


The Korpis having a bit of a push.

WOD


10-10-10-10-10

Back Squat @ 50%

Then

3 rounds
5 Box Squats
50 yard Heavy Sled Push
10 Good Mornings

CW: Not for time.  Back squat 105# (last set 55#,) box squats 65#, good mornings 45#.  The sled push proved interesting.  The sleds were already loaded with plates.  Three thick 45# plates and two of the new thinner blue 45# plates.  I thought that this would be just right.  What I didn't know until I put things away was that the thick plates underneath were 65# each.  It worked out, but I was surprised to have to remove one of the 45s.

Today


Shootim


After a good sleep in to start a week's vacation, we did not plan to do a lot.  But with our trainers dealing with stomach flu, we went down to clean stalls.  Each horse had a turnout in the arena while it's stall was cleaned.  Shootim also had a bit of free schooling. he enjoyed it, ripping around here and there.  I wish I had more time and energy, I think Shootim would have liked to do more.  

Afterwords I brushed Shootim in the cross-ties.  He is shedding and I got a lot of loose hair off of him.  After just one little indication of a nip from him and I put on his mouth-shutter.  He settled right down and we had a very pleasant time.  We'll be back tomorrow.


Ready, dad? Let's play!


No comments: