Friday, December 5, 2014

Working Off The Turkey

Actually, it was steaks with veggies and cheesy potatoes courtesy of Harold and Mary Cook.  Thanks, Cooks!  We got in only one CrossFit workout that week and the travel took away two weekends of skiing.  We did have a good time, though.

Tonight after work we went to MTU trails.  29F, no wind, snow getting fast, maybe a little icy.

Drills

w/o skis -

  • Weight Shift
  • Hops

with skis -
3 rounds

  • Hop Skate
  • Locked & Loaded (ab crunch only double poles)

Long Intervals


  • 800m repeats

until form/pace deteriorates.

We used Birch loop.  It measured just shy of 800m.
My data, time - pace:
4:00 - 5:00/k
3:58 - 4:58/k
3:59 - 4:59/k
3:38 - 4:33/k
It was fun and I'm pleased at my pace.  I only really burned in the last interval, so I lost form by the end.  We'll just have to wait and see how this pace translates into the race.

No comments: