Sunday, December 7, 2014

Ready . . . Adapt!

Apparently my head is too large.  The sign says Swedetown Trails.

Swedetown then. 20F. The snow had thawed some previously and had been groomed since it refroze. Pretty nice, medium fast.  We were still on warm snow wax (what's left of it.) I wonder how much better mid-temp wax would have worked.

The Bear Chase can be divided into 3 main parts.

  1. Ed's loop / Cedar loop / Birch loop / Tamarack loop / Valley trail. Part of Tamarack, Cedar and Valley are the start; the rest is the end.  9k.
  2. Len's loop / Powderhouse loop / Pine loop.  The second half of Powderhouse is not used and Pine is done opposite of the usual direction.   7.2k.
  3. Greenstone loop / Mama Bear / Baby Bear / Papa Bear.  Access via Valley trail.  14k.

The kilometers include getting in and out of each part.

Long ski


Saturday we did the Tamarack loops.  I suppose since our last long ski was 5k that was why I felt fine until about 6k.  Hopefully now I'll adapt to the 9k distance.

Of course it could have been the steep hill on Birch.  After that it was 'let the stopping and catching our breath commence!'  So, not only a distance piece but a hill workout as well.  On flats I could still keep moving; that was nice.  The ideal would be to be able to recover on the flats and downs while still moving.  I'll just have to be patient.

My data, distance, time and pace:
9k - 52:10 - 5:48/k
The GPS map.  Kirsten says it looks like somebody running.  Wile E. Coyote?



No comments: