Saturday, December 13, 2014

Tabata Bing

The map.  Out of season, I know.

No workouts this week due to driving and tuning.  Argh!  

First today came Shootim.  He lunged very boringly.  Driving was another story.  Partly goofiness, partly ice falling off the roof.  He reared, he bucked, he flew through the air.  He also started to learn collection at the canter.  At first, he fought the steady contact. When he did collect, I started to 'give,' ease off the contact.  A few of those and he was figuring it out.  Smart boy.  Also time to quit.

Then on to the skiing.  MTU trails, Birch loop.  36F, little wind.  New wax (finally,) HF warm + structure.  I tried out some new skis we picked up cheap at a ski swap.  Fischer RCS Plus Skates, nice.  I'm planning on using them for warm/wet conditions. They worked well today. I imagine that after repeated waxings they'll do even better.

Drills

  • Mobility: couch and frog stretch
  • Weight shift
  • Hop shift
  • Hop ski
  • Cossacks


Short Intervals - Tabata

8 rounds
  • 20 seconds on
  • 10 seconds off

Here's my data, distance and pace.
  1. 57m,   5:34/k
  2. 63m,   5:18/k
  3. 76m,   4:11/k
  4. 57m,   5:53/k
  5. 56m,   5:53/k
  6. 50m,   6:35/k
  7. 56m,   5:50/k
  8. 56m,   5:50/k
Terrain varied from interval to interval.  My form also degraded, probably starting after two intervals.  I did what I could to hold it together.

No comments: