Saturday, March 28, 2015

Oh, All Right

Kirsten skiing it in.

Classic ski

MTU Pilgrim trail, 24F, mixed late-season with fresh powder, mid-temp grip.  Good grip on flats, poor on uphills.

Kirsten has been having a ball with late-season skiing.  There's still lots of snow, and the trails have been kept groomed.  We finally had a day to ourselves and sunny weather.  Kirsten dragged me off my chair where I've been milking recovery from a cold for the last week.  Off we went to MTU trails.

This was the only time this year that I've been to the Pilgrim trails.  Classic skiers share the trail with snowshoers and dog walkers.  For the most part others stay out of the tracks.  I was ok for one loop, then I headed back.  The glide was good, but grip was lacking on uphills.  Kirsten can say 'I told you so.' I should've put on my own grip wax.   I did get a good workout on double poling.  Kirsten did some more trails while I waited in the car.

3.08km in 26:30, 8:36/km

Shootim


Shootim getting ready for Spring.

Just lunging and grooming.  Shootim is shedding quite a bit.  I'm looking forward to riding.

No comments: