Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Driving At The KTC

Goin' to work.

Shootim


We went down to the barn for a break.  The snow was completely gone from the roof.  I thought, lunge, drive, maybe get to ride.  Shootim was a bit keyed up and a lot dirty.  After a lot of brushing, I got him out into the arena.  He had a lot of energy on the line, really moving out.

After a bit I put the driving lines on him.  He was pretty calm when waiting for tack changes; I think he really wanted to go to work. However, he never really settled down enough for me to want to ride him.  He was calm waiting for tack changes, though.   I think he really wanted to go to work.  I don't know, maybe I'm just a wuss.  Anyway, despite a real reluctance to spend any time at the far end of the arena (apparently the monsters live down there,) Shootim went to work in his high energy sort of way and when he really tried on the canter, I figured it was the best time to stop, while on a good note.


No comments: