Thursday, March 5, 2015

Like All Good Things

Tuesday


Not too bad.

WOD

21-15-9
  • Power Snatch
  • Pull-ups


Tuesday of taper week is supposed to be a light CrossFit workout, 8 - 10 minutes.
I scaled this workout at CF906 to 12-9-6 with only 55# on the bar.  I did ring rows instead of pull-ups.  My time was 7:36.

Today


MTU trails, 10F, not much wind, medium temp. wax leftover, poor glide.

Short Intervals - Tabata

8 rounds
  • 20 seconds on
  • 10 seconds off

I rushed home from work in Marquette.  We were out to the trails before 6:30pm.  After a few drills we were ready to start our intervals.  We used Oak loop.  I had to work out a complicated arrangement to get the timer to work correctly.  The GPS interval timer doesn't have a starting sound. I used another interval timer that I synchronized with the GPS to get the sounds I needed to start and stop without looking at my phone.  It worked surprisingly well.  All in all a fun workout, except for the slow snow.

Here's the data, meters and pace:
  1. 50m     6:35/km
  2. 43m     7:25/km
  3. 52m     6:24/km
  4. 47m     7:00/km
  5. 52m     6:21/km
  6. 65m     5:04/km
  7. 56m     5:56/km
  8. 41m     8:00/km

The results reflect random GPS inconsistencies and changing terrain.

Here's a map:
After a break on the back corner, I headed back in with the timer still running.

That's it for training.  Friday is off.  Nothing else to do except mobilize, eat and rest.  I might have a report from the barn tomorrow.  After that it's the Great Bear Chase!  We probably did not get enough long skis in, missing two weekends to sickness.  If I wasn't overweight, I might be about ready.  So the plan for Saturday is to go easy, have fun and see if we can finish.  I'm guessing with good glide 3 hours.  Pretty bad compared to the other skiers, but still ahead of everyone spending the morning on the couch.  No problem with running out of time, because of the folks doing two laps in the 50k.  Wish us luck!


No comments: