Sunday, March 15, 2015

Back In The Gym

Herself and myself at CF906

Warmup

  • 1000m Row


WOD

  • 300 yds Sled Push 45#/25#
  • with 5 Push-ups EMOM

Start with 5 Push-ups

CW:  8:44, scaled push-ups.  I'm going to add 500m each time to my rowing, building up to 10,000m.  That's how much distance I need for rowing.

KW:  6:17, empty sled and scaled push-ups.

Shootim


Temperature 55F, a little colder in the barn.  I went to the same place with Shootim as last time.  Lungeing, then saddling and driving.  This time was Shootim was much improved.  He was more settled down and willing to go to work.  He actually started to get step overs.  In response to my cues, nstead of turning around, he held his body straight and stepped over kind of sideways.  My own equine carioca dancer.

At the canter, Shootim went to work.  He did this last time, but this time, it came from his heart.  I would cue him, he'd try, then I'd try and maintain him with lighter and lighter cues.  Darned if it wasn't working, too.  It was a great feeling.  Realizing that we had just had a good moment, I backed him a little and then put him up.  I would have ridden him, but it was a windy day and the noises in the barn still made Shootim a bit more nervous than I wanted to deal with.   It was a great day at the barn.  


I forgot to take pictures, but I got one of Kirsten with Sarah.

No comments: