Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Spidey Sense



I don't know why, but the spiders had decided that today was the day to spin webs. On the boats, the oars, the dock - everywhere!

Yesterday, I rode the bike down to the dock. A good thing, too, as it was too windy to row.

Today was better. I was running behind with a full day ahead, so I did drills by the dock, then rowed out to the canal where I did the drills again. Back at the dock and more drills and I was done.

I think I figured something out about my right oar. It had been squirrelly and unsettled in the oar lock. I think the problem was pausing at the oar at the catch; once in the water, the oncoming water would push the oar out of its position against the front of the oar lock. So, square, in and GO!  Much better.

After getting my bike clothes on for the trip back, I realized that I had forgotten a dentist appointment that morning!  20 minutes later I showed up looking like a sweaty bike messenger to have my teeth cleaned. They were really nice about it and quite impressed with all of my working out. I'm just glad they didn't charge me extra to hose off the chair after!

Workout #Workout NameInterval #Interval TypeInterval StartTimeDistance (m)StrokesAvg Speed (m/s)Avg Pace (/500m)Avg SRMax SRAvg HRMax HR
1Just Go1Just Go6:49:10 AM7:30634721.415:54.49.630.600

(This message from my iPhone.)
Charles White, Registered Piano Technician
White's Piano Service
Certified Level 1 CrossFit Trainer
Keweenawstrong.blogspot.com
404 Frue Ave.
Houghton MI 49931
(906) 483-0204

No comments: