Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Trip To The Library

Coach Deb putting her boat away. 

74F, WNW2.  A nice day with a mix of rollers from the east and some small chop. After drills in the inlet, I took a trip to downtown as far as the library, a new distance milestone!  Upon my return I found the rest of the PLRC coming out. They were doing 2 minute pieces for distance. Coach Deb invited me to join them, so I did. Sort of. I rowed along and they were kind enough to wait for me at the end. As they turned for another round, I made my excuses and headed in.

Putting my stroke together is like assembling a house of cards. Starting with the timing of the catch, I get the oars in and start the pull with the oars still firmly in the oar locks. Next, I add the full extension of the layback. After that, arms away at the same speed they came in. If I get that far, carrying more weight of the oars on the recovery comes last. Of course, at some point something goes wrong, either an oar pulls funny or I lose balance at the catch. The house of cards collapses and I pause a moment and start again.

I also noticed myself looking down
At the stern of the boat. I must get my chest and head up!

Plenty
Of progress, plenty more to work on. 

Workout #Workout NameInterval #Interval TypeInterval StartTimeDistance (m)StrokesAvg Speed (m/s)Avg Pace (/500m)Avg SRMax SRAvg HRMax HR
1Just Go1Just Go6:45:52 AM1:25:59757810241.505:32.912.235.900

(This message from my iPhone.)

No comments: