Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mirror, Mirror

Still not me.  Terry and Sarah looking very nice together.  Check out the perfect water!

Calm, water like glass.  What a great day to get out and row.  As I was getting my boat down to the dock, Terry and Sarah showed up to row their double.  While they went off on some secret training mission, I did a 2k out and back along the South shore.  I got all escared at the prospect of doing a river turn in the open water, even with perfect conditions!  When I got back to the dock, I did river turns each way to help get over that.  Thinking about things, I've got an idea for a drill if I can get out tomorrow.  I'll let you know about it if it happens.

The longer outboard without the clams was much better.  More stability and more power.  Funny that 1cm can make a difference.  Next is height.  Darned if the handles seem to come to me a little high.  Tommorrow I'll take out some extra spacers from the bottom, get the nut to clamp down on the pin instead of the jacked up oarlock.

Here's the data:


Interval Start
6:20 AM
Time
31:17
Distance (m)
2215
Strokes
282
Avg Speed (m/s)
1.18
Avg Pace (/500m)
07:02.900
Avg SR
9.0
Max SR
27.7

No comments: