Monday, June 4, 2012

Slap Happy 2k

Edgar Cove.  I had you going there for a second, though, didn't I?

Rowing today.  As soon as the sun peaked over the horizon, a breeze ENE about 7mph came up.  It made things a little challenging, but I was able to deal with it, if not conquer the little waves completely.  On the way back into the waves, I had to keep the oars light over the water or they would really slap against the waves.  Of course as I was finishing up the wind died down.  Naturlich.  My left hand was overworked squaring up.  Must learn to relax.

A more stern-ward foot position this time worked well.  Next is rigging the oarlocks for left-over-right.

I seem to  get jerky at the catch.  I think this is a result of tension due to two things; mobility, (particularly ankles) and my still too big tummy.  Methinks too many cheats!  I'll do better with one cheat a week.  I'm happy with what I've accomplished but I'm not yet where I want to be, performance-wise.

This Summer is about learning to row the skinny boat.  I won't worry about going fast or working out.

Here's the data:


Interval Start
6:21 AM
Time
33:12
Distance (m)
2063
Strokes
304
Avg Speed (m/s)
1.08
Avg Pace (/500m)
07:44
Avg SR
9.5
Max SR
22.7

No comments: