Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Crossing Over

Also not me.  Zeno Muller.

50F, calm to ESE 5mph.

With the water so calm and me so nervous, I went across the canal to the other side, then around buoy 33 before heading for home.  Some good strokes here and there.

I did the left over right thing.  I have to take another look at the oarlocks; I think there are too many spacers all together, so the nut clamps down onto the oarlock instead of the top of the pin.  Removing spacers from both sides would lower the handles.  I'm not sure how that would work out.  One thing I am sure of, I took off the clams from my oars.  That gives me a centimeter more oar on each side, meaning longer outriggers and more load.  I think that will add to stability and power.  I do feel a bit underloaded.

Here's the data:


Interval Start
6:21 AM
Time
37:17
Distance (m)
2546
Strokes
379
Avg Speed (m/s)
1.15
Avg Pace (/500m)
07:16.500
Avg SR
10.2
Max SR
27.8


No comments: