Sunday, July 15, 2012

Rowing Again, Finally!

Kirsten got out her road bike for a trip to Sleepy Hollow State Park.  Meanwhile, in Houghton...


I've been lazy and reluctant to get up in the morning all week.  6am, no problem, but 5am? Not so good.  I've missed an entire week with some really great conditions.  I apologize to my goals.


I finally got out rowing this morning.  It's getting a little dark to bike out at 5:30am without lights to be seen, so I took the truck.


Great conditions, getting a little breezy midway through, but not too bad.  I'm working on getting my grip squared and feathered with flat wrists.  And everything else.  I did the drills, then I did the whole trip in intervals of 20 strokes, pausing to regroup.  It seemed to help.


Here's the data:


Interval Start
6:46 AM
Time
25:02
Distance (m)
3188
Strokes
369
Avg Speed (m/s)
2.13
Avg Pace (/500m)
03:54.600
Avg SR
14.8
Max SR
30.1

No comments: