Friday, July 20, 2012

Looking Up

Happy Charles

60F, light and variable winds.
I took a short trip around the 'bowl' this morning.  Drills first, then sequences of 30 strokes. Things came together nicely today.  A flatter wrist on the feather, carrying some weight in the handles, good square, catch and drive timing.  Mistakes were much less frequent and less severe.  After the turn for home, I felt confident enough to pick up the pace, running 22 spm with around a 2:57/500 pace.

I know that I must continue with drills and slow patient work, but I feel ready for a long steady state piece.  Sort of a chance to test out the new skills. Saturday's weather looks dicey, may Sunday will be better.

Here's the data:


Interval Start
6:54 AM
Time
10:21 PM
Distance (m)
3023
Strokes
364
Avg Speed (m/s)
2.30
Avg Pace (/500m)
03:37.400
Avg SR
16.6
Max SR
29.1




No comments: