Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Week In Review

Wednesday

Post-strength WOD at CF906

WOD

1-1-1-1-1-1-1
  • Hang Power Clean
  • Split Jerk
  • Hang Power Snatch

Followed by assistance:
3 rounds of
  • 8 Deadlifts
  • 5 Clean Pulls
  • 3 Front Squats
  • 1 Push Press

CW: 85# for the WOD, 75# for the assistance.  The WOD was supposed to be different, with a squat clean instead of the snatch, but this is what we got.  I had a little trouble with the snatches until I resolved to get all the way under it.  

The clean pulls were new for me.  I found a video, then went to work, performing a reasonable facsimile of the movement.

Thursday


WOD

2500m Row
Not for time, I just wanted to up the meters another 500.  I was happy to row outside at the house in Houghton.  It was nice to row the indoor rower outdoors!

Friday

He's up!

Shootim


Today was the day, Callooh, Callay!  I was in a good frame of mind, rested and ready.  Determined to see how far I would get, first we lunged, then drove, and finally rode.  Kirsten was there to take pictures and Susan was there to coach and advise.  It felt like we finally have made a start.  Walk, trot and even canter.  Turns on the haunches were good, turns on the forehand less so.  Practice will certainly help, so might spurs.  His canter felt out of whack.  I got a good feel for what I've been seeing on the lunge line.  Hopefully I can ride again tomorrow.  Oh, frabjous day!





No comments: