Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Sunday

Just who is lunging whom?

Shootim


We tried for the same as yesterday, lunging, driving and then riding.  Shootim was good for lunging, and until the canter he was good at driving. Something was really bugging him about the canter though, he was getting mad and bucking.  Not used to the bit? Sore from the day before?  Just in one of those moods?  There was no telling, but since he did seem well settled at the other gaits, I got on and we walked and trotted.  He was ok with turns on the haunches, not so good on the forehand.  He even did a bit of side passing.  All ended well and we put him back up and fed.  We'll see how he is at the canter next week.


Indoor Rower


This time with Kirsten.


3005 meters in 16:05. Drills at 500 and 1500 meters.  I suppose that sometime I'll have to concern myself with speed.  Fast split times were around 2:20 - 2:30, so that's not bad.  Perhaps workouts can vary more after I get to 5000.

No comments: