Sunday, May 10, 2015

First From The Ground

Miss Kitty holding down the fencepost.

Wednesday 

Strength

3-3-3-3-3 
  • OHS 

Assistance

3 rounds
  • 5 Back Squats with 2 second pause at the bottom
  • 50m Heavy Sled Pull
  • 5 Heavy Shoulder Press


Thursday

WOD

AMRAP 15'
  • 5 Ring Dips
  • 10 alt. DB Power Snatch
  • 15 KTE


Saturday/Sunday

Shootim getting good and dusty.

Shootim


Saturday was spent at a clinic by Doreen Pasuelo.  She was very good.  We were observers.  We heard nothing new, but I got reminded of a few things that would prove useful.

On the way home, we stopped at the barn.  The horses got a little turnout time where they ripped around a good bit.  Then lunging followed by groundwork.  I'm working on the Double Dan method.
On Shootim's right side, he's not bending as well as I'd like.

On Sunday, we returned for a repeat of Saturday's plan.  It was chilly and windy.  I figured out that Shootim is escaping from pressure on his right by bending away and pushing into me with his shoulder.  It's not because he can't bend.  Once I got pissed off enough about it and got after him, he started to yield his right side.  We'll see if we can advance from me having to get after him to bend and stand up around his shoulder so that I can get that from him with the low key approach.

It wasn't exactly according to the plan on the DVD, but as coach Susan said, "he hasn't seen the DVD."

No comments: