Saturday, January 24, 2015

The Beginning Of The End And The End Of The Beginning

Here's all I've got.  I'll get you more pictures tomorrow.

I've been out for the last 2 weeks with a cold.  Coach Kirsten recommended not doing an interval workout this time, since I've had no CrossFit or ski workouts for a while.  

A bit of a ski

Swedetown 20F, 70%RH, warm HF wax with structure.

4.6km
25:37
5:35/km

Overnight was a bit of a thaw, then temperatures dropped throughout the day.  Icy conditions made for really fast snow.  The yellow wax seemed to work.  Fortunately the trails were dragged this morning, so it wasn't glazed ice.  First we skied Len's loop, which is in the beginning section of the Bear Chase.  Then we skied Ed's loop, which marks the start of the last section.

The objective today was to skate as slow as possible.  We still moved pretty quickly; Snow/wax trumps all.  I went as slow as I could up the hills, but was still pretty wiped out at the top of big hills.  
Maybe it was just due to recovering from being sick.  I fear that it is just that I'm too out of shape to do this.  Only time and effort will tell.

Shootim

The footing was much improved today, the indoor arena is finally beginning to dry out.  After lunging and brushing, Shootim went driving with something new, a cavesson.  He has been opening his mouth and getting his tongue over the bit, not to mention grabbing the lines in his teeth.  He was not happy and did a little protesting.  We will see how he settles down once he gets used to the idea.  I hope to ride tomorrow.




No comments: