Saturday, September 19, 2015

Kissin' Cousins

The week in review:

Sunday, September 13


Shootim



Sara looks pleasant enough, but it was Shootim's idea.

A genius move on my part.  Both times we've brought Shootim to the upper pen, he got super excited and raced around until he was in a lather.  This time I lunged him until he was all done playing in the indoor arena.  Then, when I took him to the upper pen, he was much calmer about the whole thing.  I actually got a good ride in.

Saturday, September 12


Hiking


Ooh, what a scary looking branch!

We hiked on the Eagle Harbor trail to Sand Bay and back, with an extra loop thrown in.  We started late in the day, but made it back before sundown.

Tuesday, September 15


WOD


The green.  Definitely my color.
"Death By Wallball"

1 the first minute, 2 the second and so on, until you can't finish in a minute.
With a 10# ball, I went up to 13 rounds.  The legs said, "I wouldn't advise a fourteenth round."  They were right.  My legs were in no shape to do workouts the next two days.

Friday, September 18


Shootim


Shootim loves this move.

Once Shootim settled down a bit, we worked in the round pen.  On the canter, his right lead was better than his left.  That goes for me as well.  Who knows, it could be all my fault. My position feels all out of whack.  As my right leg holds against his hindquarter, my left hip braces against the saddle. I'll have to work on it.


Saturday, September 19


Hiking


Victorious!

Today we hiked up Mt. Baldy by Eagle Harbor.  It's about 6 miles there and back.  My GPS said it took 3.5 hours, but it went a little wacky on the way back, so I'm not counting on it.  The picture of Kirsten is not quite at the summit, but we did make it there and back.

No comments: