Friday, August 28, 2015

Yep, Start With The Shoes

Hello, It's been a long while.  When I haven't been busy doing stuff, I've been lazy.  Here's everything, organized by sport.

WOD


Every week I worked out at least once at CF906.  I've been getting to bed early, about 9:00 pm, so I can get up and to the gym at 6:00 the next morning.

I've been dabbling at these workouts; very scaled down, less reps, less sets.  When my body said 'enough,' I packed it in.  Nothing was on the clock.  I also did meters double poling on the new ski erg.  I'm up to 450 meters.

WODs:
8/12/15
"DT"
5 rounds

  • 12 deadlifts
  • 9 hang power cleans
  • 6 push jerks


8/19/15
EMOM for 20'

  • 2 power clean/push press


then

3 rounds

  • 25 yard overhead walking lunge
  • 10 seated box jumps
  • 12 glute ham raises (I was only doing hip extensions.  I just looked this up.)


8/26/15
"Death By Clean"
I did power cleans at 75# up to 6 rounds.

then

3 rounds

  • 15 hip extensions
  • 10 sumo deadliest high pulls ( I subbed ring rows.)
  • 50 yard sled pull


only 10 hip extensions, I did 2 rounds.

8/27/15
AMRAP 15'

  • 2 rope climbs (I did one per round.)
  • 10 knees to elbows (I did 5)
  • 400m row


I did 3 rounds +6 reps

Shootim


So, I've been riding about once a week.  Kirsten's been riding my horse during the week as well.

Mountain Biking


We've gone out once a week mountain biking as well.  Since the last post we've been to:
Swedetown
Maasto Hiihto/Churning Rapids
MTU Trails

Hiking

We've also been hiking a bit each week.
After the purchase of a hiking shirt, Kirsten seems to be all clothed for hiking.
Nice shirt, huh?

My wardrobe is sadly lacking in hiking specific clothes.  It wasn't a problem until we started hiking in the Rockies and got interested in the sport.  I can cobble together something from gym, bike and ski clothes.  I can't find the right shoes, though.  I think that shall be my first hiking gear purchase.  Until then, I hope my sneakers will have enough cushion to keep my heels from hurting again.  I worry about plantar fascitis.  It's been bugging me since last summer.

8/9/15
Nara Trails, 3.2 miles.
The grass was wet.  Kirsten was right, we should have hiked on the dirt single track.

8/22/15
Copper Harbor:
Horseshoe Harbor 1.2 miles.
Estivant Pines 2.0 miles.

After a late start, we drove up to Copper Harbor for a couple of hikes.  We had one more to do, but were getting tired and hungry, so headed for home.
Here we are at Horseshoe Harbor.

Baby's first cairn.  I've always wanted to do that.

Holding those big trees apart.







No comments: