Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Last Few Days, MTB, Rowing

Time to get caught up on what I've been up to.  Kirsten arrived on Saturday the 25th and we drove to Houghton that night.

The schedule for Sunday the 26th featured mountain biking and horseback riding.  We biked the Pilgrim trails at MTU.  Mostly dry with a few mud puddles. I had no trouble, the 29'er went right through if I just kept pedaling.  The mud got the best of Kirsten; perversely her bike stayed clean.


A muddy girl is a happy girl.

 Monday, Memorial Day was a three-sport day: Rowing, mountain biking and horseback riding.  
Kirsten tried out her new boat.  Deb and Dennis delivered and rigged it!  Kirsten's boat was ready to row.  Mine was out, but the bolts that attach the riggers were nowhere to be found.  I went back home to look for them with no luck.  Back at the docks, Dennis supposed they might be with their stuff.  They were!  I had packed the hardware away with the hardware for the double, which we traded to Deb and Dennis for Deb's single.  Finally rigged, Kirsten was nice enough to hang around while I tried out my boat a little.

The rowing season starts!

Still some snow here and there.

Like they were never apart.

I don't remember if we did anything other than horses on Tuesday.  We both seemed a bit lazy that day.  Darned if I can figure it out.

Wednesday was off.

Today, Thursday, I managed to fit a short row in between rainstorms.  58F and water like glass!  I've got to get my phone waterproof so I can use the Speedcoach app to track my rowing.  A little video research gave me some ideas to apply to the catch.  It was much improved from the last time.  My goals are correct technique and consistent technique.

Happy rower.  I'm all caught up.


No comments: