Monday, September 6, 2010

"Coach K"


"I want one!"

Big thanks to Bob Sharkey for letting me try out his first boat, Coach K.  The boat is a Kaschper International model.  Nice!  I learned many things; a smooth transition through the catch, balancing with squared oars in the water, reverse squaring the oars and river turns.  Does the boat suit me any better than Jaws?  Either that or I'm just progressing in the narrower boats.  The way to tell will be to get back into Jaws and see if I get worse.  Kirsten borrowed a lightweight single cared for by the Kamrads of Coach K fame.

A fun morning, "simply messing about in boats."  Since we did the time trial yesterday and what with the day off, we took it really easy, playing with singles.  I rowed some, balanced some, taught and just visited some.  The data reflects that.  I still got in my 2k, so I'm happy.

Here's the data:


Map views:


      Bing Maps

      Google Maps

      Google Earth


Interval details:


Workout 1, 8:29 AM - 10:04 AM, 2041 m      (Download Summary CSV)
#TypeStartTimeDist (m)Speed (m/s)Pace (/500m)StrokesAvg RateChartDetail CSV
1Just Go8:29 AM73:38.320410.4618:02.43424.6viewdownload


Ciao,

Charles

No comments: